[hpsdr] Excalibur

wully wully at bluewin.ch
Fri Apr 22 12:48:25 PDT 2011

Hi Graham

Yesterday I have been at the University Zürich, where Achim,
DH2VA/HB9DUN has measured and adjusted my frequency references, using
GPS-locked Rubidum references. The following results have come out:

1) The DCF-77-Reference was indicating a "Lock", but infact is was not
at the 10 MHz! We had to trim the unit. Finally it locked, but the
stability is not convincing.

2) The Excalibur is ok: it is fully adjustable into 10MHz +-1Hz as
specified. The comparison with the unlocked DCF-77 reference was the
reason, that I could not trim Excalibur.

3) After adjusting both units, the Excalibur Leds switch slowly from
green to red to green ..., so, all is ok now. Even after switching off
power and switching on again, both units are withing 10MHz +-1Hz.

  Thank all for their respective suggestions and help.

The next step I will do, is to buy a LPRO-101 through eBay.

73, Alfred, HB9EPU