[hpsdr] Support Page and Hello!

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Thu Apr 28 12:36:53 PDT 2011

On Apr 26, 2011, at 7:11 PM, John Westmoreland wrote:

> Hey - where do you guys live, physically, if you don't mind?

I'm in Corvallis, OR.  It's approximately 100 miles south of Portland in the Willamette Valley.

> I am in San Jose, CA.  I've been looking at SDR, I think maybe Ettus Research could be 'dead' since being purchased by NI - I mean that in a creative sense.  They will have to fit into NI's corporate structure and I am not sure how that fits with the future of SDR and Hams.  It seems HPSDR is on a more creative path and I like the architecture you guys have come up with.  Kindof like a mini-VME chassis approach which is really great for modularity.

The Ettus stuff always struck me as more of a research oriented platform with pricing to match.  OpenHPSDR strives to be a more useful radio platform for hams that want to play.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com