[hpsdr] A 'unified' version of KISS (USB and Ethernet) needs some beta testing

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Fri Aug 12 05:54:54 PDT 2011

Dear Brave People,

Working with Phil, I've created a 'unified' version of the latest KISS
Konsole code.  That is, with one EXE, you can use either Ozy/Magister (USB)
or Metis/Hermes/Griffin (Ethernet) (yes, Hermes and Griffin aren't available
yet...)

I'm looking for a few brave testers who can receive a 1.6 mb zip file that
will have the source and executable for this new code.  We'd like to get it
tested on a variety of machines to make sure that it works well for everyone
before releasing it to the SVN.

If you are willing and able to do this test, especially over this coming
weekend, please send me a private email using the email address that I
should send the zip file to.

What's new?
1) my code to discover and select among multiple Metis boards, possibly on
multiple host ethernet adapters
2) Phil's latest code on the audio processing sliders to make them
'square-law'
3) selection of USB or Ethernet

Who is a good tester?
1) someone with at least Visual Studio 2008 C# express (please, don't use
the VS2010 product yet!) so that you can debug and get 'output' if there are
problems
2) possibly you have multiple ethernet adapters
3) maybe you have multiple pandora boxes/ OpenHPSDR rigs
4) able to capture console output if you discover problems
5) able to test this weekend

73,
George Byrkit, K9TRV
Resident C# maven and curmudgeon