[hpsdr] KK Unified released

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Sun Aug 14 06:34:15 PDT 2011

Dear all:

First, I'd like to thank the following beta testers for responding to my
call for testers and giving this a spin before letting it escape:

Dan Quigley N7HQ
David Robinson G4FRE/WW2R
Dave McQuate WA8YWQ
Erik Anderson KE7YOA

A few problems were found, and fixed, due to their fine effort.

This is the version that you want if you are running PennyLane, and if you
plan to use Alex.  IF you are running the USB version of KISS, you'll
probably also want to update to this version so that you have all the latest
functionality.  This version also fixes a number of issues that people were
having with Metis discovery on machines with multiple ethernet adapters.

Having this single version will make code maintenance much easier, as we
only need to make the changes in one place for everyone to get the benefit.

During the next 3 weeks, while Phil VK6APH is on holiday (vacation), please
send any questions and problem reports to me rather than to Phil.  If you
put them to the email list, I'll do my best to answer them there, so that
everyone has the answer.

I would imagine that Dave KV0S will be updating the wiki soon with this new
release.

Where can you find it?  All the source and the most current binaries can be
found on the SVN at:
"svn://svn.openhpsdr.org/svn/repos_hpsdr_kiss/trunk/Stable
Release/KK_Unified"

If you only want the latest binaries, please go to:
"svn://svn.openhpsdr.org/svn/repos_hpsdr_kiss/trunk/Stable
Release/KK_Unified/bin/release"

73,
George K9TRV