[hpsdr] SDR Patent application that will kill hpsdr

Steven Bible srbible at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 8 13:16:41 PDT 2011

Everyone,

This is _NOT_ a patent application.  This is a provisional.

>From Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provisional_patent)

Under United States patent law, a provisional application for patent is a legal document filed in the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), that establishes an early filing date, but which does not mature into an issued patent unless the applicant files a regular patent application within one year. There is no such thing as a "provisional patent".

Once it does (if it does) undergo a full examinition, then the issue of prior art come into play.

73, Steve N7HPR