[hpsdr] HPSDR and external amplifier control

Luke Steele mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Sat Aug 27 18:37:19 PDT 2011

Hi All,
I have just purchased a Yaesu FL-7000 solid state amp, and am wondering if
anyone has done any work or given any thought to how HPSDR can offer band
data output to an external device such as an amplifier.
I am using a Codan PA block inside the Pandora enclosure, and use 6 of the
Penelope external control lines to switch the LPF in that amp, but the
requirements of the FL-7000 are different. This one uses a four line BCD
for bandswitching, Icom uses a variable voltage.
I'm thinking of a plug in card for Atlas bus, or even something controlled
by the host computer via USB or RS-232.
I am already using vacuum tube amplifiers, so am not unfamiliar with manual
bandswitching, but this FL-7000 has facility for bandswitching from the
exciter that I'd like to take advantage of.
73,
Luke