[hpsdr] Need help hooking up Alex

Mark Leone midnightjava at verizon.net
Thu Dec 1 21:41:26 PST 2011

I'm trying to hook up Alex to Mercury and PennyLane, and I can't figure
out how to do it without having something left over, namely the
3-conductor cable which I believe is for forward and reverse power.

I see how the SPI ribbon cable connects form the Alex boards to Mercury.
But what am I supposed to do with the three-conductor cable with a
four-pin white connector on one end and an eight-pin black connector on
the other? The white connector can plug into the back of the Alex
transmit board, but it can't reach anything from there (I have Alex and
Atlas mounted in Pandora in their intended locations). I assume the
black connector plugs into PennyLane. There's a suitable connector just
below the Mic/PTT input; but the other end of the cable couldn't reach
Alex from there. Also the PennyLane connector is not keyed, and it's not
clear to me how I would orient the cable on it.

-Mark / K4XML