[hpsdr] Setting up CAT control in WIN 7 64-bit

Chris Day scotstramp at msn.com
Fri Dec 30 21:49:22 PST 2011

I'm trying to get CAT control to work to PowerSDR 2/Metis/Mercury/PennyLane/Excalibur on my laptop running Win 7 64-bit. No luck. I've tried using VSPManager but I seem to be able only to connect to the higher numbered end of the pair; attempting to connect to the lower numbered end returns an error saying it's configured wrong somehow. I've tried com0com, but the names of the ports are not recognized and the instructions for changing the names make no sense to me - they seem to refer to some setup program that I apparently don't have. The ZIP file I downloaded only has the installation setup.exe and a readme.txt file.  Help!  Chris DayAE6VK