[hpsdr] loading ghpsdr to Ubuntu 11.10

Erich Heinzle vk5hse at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 06:06:57 PST 2011

The svn server quoted in
http://lists.openhpsdr.org/pipermail/hpsdr-openhpsdr.org/2010-November/013665.html
does not appear to be maintained currently.

My understanding is that ghpsdr, the standalone GTK based software for the HPSDR,
has been superceded by the ghpsdr3 codebase which is based on the Qt4 windowing
libraries, and ghpsdr3 is very much the focus of current development efforts.

The currently maintained svn's/git repositories have the ghpsdr3
code, and the more recent derivation, the ghpsdr3-alex code.

The ghpsdr3-alex code has the easiest installation in the first instance if you
are running Ubuntu, as it is available as a Debian package.

The codebases are to be merged in due course, apparently.

For guidance on installing ghpsdr3-alex under ubuntu, see my impromptu guide based
on my recent ghpsdr3-alex installation under 10.04:

http://lists.openhpsdr.org/pipermail/hpsdr-openhpsdr.org/2011-December/016330.html

I am still trying to get builds to behave from the git/svn sourced software, but the
the package based ghpsdr3-alex installation should get you up and running quickly,
after which you can explore the git/svn based development code if you are keen.

Cheers,

Erich Heinzle
VK5HSE