[hpsdr] LPU Capacity

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Wed Dec 28 11:04:05 PST 2011

A couple of months ago I decided to retire LPU in favor of the
picoPSU-120-WI-25.  This appears to fulfill the current requirements of
the usual suspects + Metis at 1 Gigabit. The picoPSU spec quotes two
figures for 5V:

5V 6A
5VSB 1.5A

I have no idea what 5VSB refers to - maybe somebody can shed some light
on this designation?

The picoPSU unit is quite small and does not have the tall heatsinks
used with LPU.   It supposedly runs quite a bit cooler but I left the
fan in place figuring some air flow through Pandora can't hurt.

Pete, N3EVL