[hpsdr] mercury-EU synchronized with mercury-TAPR

wully wully at bluewin.ch
Tue Feb 1 02:24:44 PST 2011

Hi Joe, Phil, Gerd

Today, I have for the first time synchronized mercury-TAPR with
mercury-EU, so that diversity receiption using both boards is possible.
Using a HF generator feeding to both boards, I can control the phase and
amplitude of both IQ-Streams such that the signal will vanish at a
particular combination of phase and amplitude of diversity control.

So, I think, that now we have seen, that both mercuries can run in
parallel and be used in diversity experiments.

I am using the ozy version 61 and the mercury version 63 from Joe, K5SO.

Qestions
1) How is the feed of the 10MHz-clock from mercury-TAPR controled? I
see, that when the fpga is loaded an initialized, the 10MHz clock is on
Atlas C16. (In this moment, there is not yet running DSP software at all).
When I will use Excalibur, the 10MHz clock has to come from there, how
can I switch off the feed from mercury-Tapr?
(I am using my own DSP-Software in combination with a modified
server.exe from John Melton).

2) Is there a 10MHz clock on the mercury-EU available? If yes, how ist
this clock controled for the feed of Atlas C16?

73, Alfred, HB9EPU

P.S. Phil, I am very pleased with your work on Metis. I have just
started studying the protocol so as to connect my program through Metis
directely.
The HPSDRProgrammer is a really nice piece of software! (Thanks also
John Melton).