[hpsdr] Metis Arrived & Works!

Gordon & Lois Duff glduff at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 16 14:21:14 PST 2011

Thanks to Phil and TAPR and all who contributed.  It is a great bunch of
people, all helpful to a fault.

Sort of a quick start guide.  I think these are the appropriate steps (they
are in the manual, of course)

1.   Download the HPSDRProgrammer (see the Openhpsr.org downloads section

2.   If you are a windows user also download Winpcap as noted under
HPSDRProgrammer section

3.   Download the Metis_V1.0.rbf ( as shown just below the HPSDRProgrammer
info)

4.   Install the board with the appropriate jumper (J2).  J2 was installed
by TAPR in my case.

5.   Run HPSDRProgrammer - a) discover (makes sure you are connected) and b)
Program to load Metis rbf

6.  Start KISS Konsole - Ethernet version and away you go.  (I have not
tested PowerSDR yet)

KISS seems to work fine.  However,  "Full Spectrum" does not seem to be
implemented.

Thanks again to all.

Gordon, KA2NLM