[hpsdr] Metis v6.3 firmware

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Feb 24 18:16:54 PST 2011

Metis v6.3 is available for download from

http://www.k5so.com/HPSDR_downloads.html

This version of Metis firmware is compatible with the KD5TFD PSDR
versions, W5WC PSDR versions, KISS versions, and K5SO diversity PSDR
versions transparently.

Metis v6.3 MUST be used with the K5SO diversity programs, as this is
the only Metis firmware version currently that implements input ADC
overload warnings for Mercury board #2 and multiple IQ data streams.

There is no need to change firmware in Metis when switching among any
of the above programs if Metis v6.3 firmware is used.  Metis v1.0 that
is installed in new Metis boards is NOT compatible with any of the
multiple-Mercury-board K5SO diversity programs.

Although I have not checked I suspect Metis v6.3 firmware is also
compatible with the Windows versions of ghpsdr (limited by Metis v6.3
to a maximum of 3 receivers on a single Mercury board presently);
maybe someone can let us know about that.

73,  Joe K5SO