[hpsdr] Error message on starting PowerSDR now (Metis)...

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Fri Feb 18 13:52:00 PST 2011

All was working fine when I installed Metis a couple of days ago.

On powering up the hardware and running PowerSDR today, I get an error
message from PowerSDR when I hit the start button:

"Error Starting HPSDR Hardware, is it connected and powered."

The hardware is definitely connected and powered and various LEDs on
Mercury, Penelope, and Metis are on and/or blinking.

I put the J1 jumper in place and re-ran the HPSDRProgrammer app and was
able to read the IP address of the Metis board as written 2 days ago.
Also, Windows recognizes the network connection is present when the
hardware is turned on.

After powering off, etc, removing the J1 jumper and rerunning PowerSDR,
still get the error message.

System is Win XP SP3.  Using a 2nd network card dedicated to Metis.
Card is 10.0.0.100, Metis is 10.0.0.101.  Nothing has changed since it
was running 2 days ago AFAIK.

Any ideas appreciated.

Pete, N3EVL