[hpsdr] Compact Power Supply for begginers

Maximo EA1DDO_HK1DX ea1ddo at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 26 11:34:32 PST 2011

Hi,

As a HPSDR begginer with just the Atlas, Mercury EU and the still comming Metis, I need now the power supply.
I guess that 5VDC is all I need to run with the basic stuff I said before.

A full ATX power supply from a computer is good but may be too large for now, so I am thinking in a compact 5VDC switching power supply. But I would like to get some directions from more experienced HPSDR users.

I found a few options and I would like to share with you, to get your opinion;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130417466390

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280584969393

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290509371602

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390103502122