[hpsdr] Chip scale atomic clock

Steven B. Dick sbdick at optonline.net
Wed Jan 26 14:58:25 PST 2011

Hi folks.  I came across an interesting article in one of my trade journals
on the first commercially available chip scale atomic clock, made by
Symmetricum. You can get further information at:
http://www.symmetricom.com/products/frequency-references/chip-scale-atomic-c
lock-csac/SA.45s-CSAC/. It is quite a remarkable device, taking only 115
milliwatts of power consumption, with two orders of magnitude better
accuracy than oven-controlled crystal oscillators (OCXOs) - and up to four
orders of magnitude better accuracy than temperature-compensated crystal
oscillators (TCXOs). You too can own one for a mere $1500 for the commercial
version in small quantities. It generates 10MHz CMOS level and also has a 1
pps output.

Regards, K1RF, "Digital Steve"