[hpsdr] FLEX SDR1000 PA IMD problems

Jay Johnson n2mga at arrl.net
Fri Jan 7 16:14:31 PST 2011

Hello Paul, I too have run into this with using my SDR1000 PA with
Penelope as the driver.  What I have found here is that I cannot run
more that 100 to 125 mw max out of Penelope for voice, typically
something less than 100 mw on average for SSB voice.  This results in
less than 100 watts out of the SDR1000 PA, but it is much cleaner.
Penelope by itself is quite clean on the RF output well pass this self
imposed limitation.  Running a two tone test and oscilloscope sampling
the RF out will show the results.

Jay
n2mga

Message: 11