[hpsdr] TAPR Metis Production Status

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Fri Jan 21 11:01:56 PST 2011

Hi all,

For those of you waiting for Metis, the wait is almost over!

The final part that we were waiting for came in Wednesday.

I will receive the first production unit for assembly verification
this afternoon.

Dan N4XWE and I set up the functional test fixture last night, so I
am ready to confirm proper assembly of the first board right away.

Production quantities will arrive here in AZ starting on Monday. Dan
and I will be testing and shipping them to the TAPR office beginning
about Jan 26.

TAPR orders should start shipping in the first few days of February.

If you haven't ordered Metis yet, now would be a good
time!  Connecting to your HPSDR via Ethernet is pretty cool!  Dan has
had it working over his home WiFi network already.

Here is the TAPR order page:
http://tapr.org/kits_metis.html

73,
Scotty WA2DFI