[hpsdr] HPSDR diversity

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Mon Jul 18 16:52:40 PDT 2011

Hi Frank,

Congratulations!  Welcome to the diversity world!

Answers imbedded:

On Jul 18, 2011, at 4:01 PM, FRANCIS CARCIA wrote:

> Hi All,
> I just received my second Mercury board and have a couple dumb
> questions about setting up for diversity.
> 1. Which receiver do you use to drive the speaker?

You may use any of the audio output jacks on either Mercury.

> 2. Do you only need one calibration for the S meter and assume both
> A/D's track close enough?

Yes, one calibration is all that is necessary.

> 3. Will the diversity software allow me to TX? Yup I know I need to
> TR switch both RX inputs.

Yes, it certainly will TX!

> I understand all the addressing and clock source modifications just
> not clear on the operational set up.
> Frank
> WA1GFZ

Good luck with it!  Diversity and selective nulling is a whole step up
from non-diversity operation, as you'll soon see!  It will spoil you,
hihi.

73,  Joe K5SO