[hpsdr] Pennylane output power

John Petrich petrich at u.washington.edu
Mon Jun 27 10:24:04 PDT 2011

All,

One more time:  Is it now satisfactory to adjust Pennylane's output power
using the Gain by Band settings in the PA Setting tab without degrading the
S/N ratio of the transmitted signal?

Have successfully installed Pennylane using both Bill's and Doug's,W5WC,
consoles.  Pennylane makes substantially more output power across the
spectrum than Penelope does.  Have the input ranges of my programmable
external attenuator module set up for Penelope's power output levels.  It
would be so much easier for me to simply adjust the Gain by Band settings to
place the Pennylane output in that same range.

Regards,

John,W7FU