[hpsdr] Penny vs Penny lane

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 29 16:49:00 PDT 2011

Hi all,
I am glad to read both use the same FPGA code. I was just looking at the schematics and it looks pretty easy to add the ALC to the D/A off pin 201 of the FPGA. A dead bug op amp should do it. Can I assume pin 201 is generating a pwm signal that is integrated by the RC? I suspect the op amp was needed to get a sink signal to draw current from the D/A reference reducing the bit weight.
Yes Penny will not have the two stage output amp but that would give it real ALC without hurting IMD.
frank WA1GFZ