[hpsdr] Heterodyne 0.1.0.017 Released

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Wed Mar 16 01:39:06 PDT 2011

I'm happy to announce the release of Heterodyne 0.1.0.017.  This is mostly a bug fix release to fix some showstoppers that people have been having.  You can either update in the application or download the new version at the customary place:

http://www.nh6z.net/Heterodyne/Heterodyne.zip

The following changes were made:

	• Fixed a problem reported by K9SRB that caused incorrect packet parsing on Metis v1.1.
	• Optimized the waterfall display code for more performance.
	• Fixed an issue with a hang on quit.
	• Fixed an issue where the first time driver selection would not be saved in defaults.

For those of you that are following along with SVN, be aware that I have switched for the moment to using the new Xcode 4 for most things in Heterodyne.  Note though that Heterodyne's xib files use IBPlugins which are not supported under the xib editor in Xcode 4.  You must retain and use Interface Builder from Xcode 3 to edit them.  Hopefully Apple will fix this with Xcode 4.1.

Also, I'm heavily considering a switch from SVN to Mercurial as well.  I'm becoming convinced that it's a better system for distributed development and open source such as this project.  Stay tuned for details if it's going to happen.  Either way, note that Heterodyne will eventually move from being a branch into the development trunk.  MacHPSDR is no longer supported, and when I am assured that things seem to be stable, I will push Heterodyne to users in place of MacHPSDR through the in-app updater.

Thanks for everyone's support and comments.  As always, you can report bugs and stay on top of progress on my ticketing system at http://mcdermj.lighthouseapp.com.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems