[hpsdr] Help updating firmware

David Woodhead dwoodhead at bms-inc.com
Sat Mar 26 09:29:01 PDT 2011

I've not updated my firmware in well over a year but now I want to run the diversity setup so an update is underway.

I'm following the quick start guide....

I've loaded latest version of PowerSDR but when I run it i get a message

INVALID FIRMWARE LEVEL
OZY>=16, Penelope>=12, Mercury>=27 required

So I am assuming all boards need firmware upgrade. Quickstart guide explains the update process which I am going through now but it does not mention how the firmware in OZY is updated (only Janus, Mercury and Penelope). Do I need to do something special with OZY?

Last time I programmed the boards I borrowed an Altera USB programmer but this time I am attempting to use OZY to program everything.

Thanks for help!

David.