[hpsdr] HPSDR hardware supply (was: Re: Metis Delivery Stats)

Tom Holmes tholmes at woh.rr.com
Thu Mar 3 17:49:23 PST 2011

I do not normally inject myself into the public side of TAPR shipping
issues, even though I am the Treasurer. However, I would recommend simply
sending a short and polite e-mail to John at the TAPR office address on the
web site asking about the status of your order. Please provide as much
information as you have, and whether you received an e-mail confirmation.

I recommend this only if it has been more than 8 weeks since you placed your
order via the TAPR web site. It may be that there has been a glitch that
caused your order not to register in our system, although that is very rare.

As a reminder, the HPSDR Metis Interest List is not the site where boards
are ordered. We use that only to help us gauge how many boards we should
build.

John will be happy to help you get your Metis as soon as practical. As has
been mentioned, he does this pretty much all by himself, and works as fast
as the logistical issues let him. He is motivated by the need to get the
many boxes of these boards out of his dining room, and being married, he
gets the usual amount of encouragement one might expect about that. And
there are a couple more boards expected to follow closely behind Metis, and
he needs to reclaim the space. So not to worry, he is working on getting
them shipped as fast as he can.

TAPR wants you to have Metis as well, because then more of you can play with
the latest cool HPSDR hardware and software!

Thanks for your patience, but certainly feel free to contact TAPR if there
is a serious time delay in receiving your order.

And thanks for supporting TAPR!

Tom Holmes, N8ZM
Tipp City, OH
EM79