[hpsdr] HPSDRProgrammer updates

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Fri Mar 4 09:47:31 PST 2011

Hi John,

Status report, FYI:

Version 1.0:

	A)  In Allows me to change Metis versions using Metis Programmer
mode, as described.

	B)   Does not work for me in JTAG Boot Loader mode to update other
boards as it does not detect any other board on the bus (e.g., Mercury
in slot 6 w/last JTAG jumper in place, Metis in slot 5 w/JP1 in place,
no other boards on the bus).

Version 1.3:

	A) Allows me to change Metis versions using Metis Programmer mode, as
described.

	B)  Does not work for me in JTAG Boot Loader mode to update other
boards as described.  Generally the procedure fails in "Interogate"
mode, finding no board to program (e.g., Mercury).   HOWEVER, once it
did find the Mercury board on the bus but failed at erasing the flash
memory (timed out), then couldn't find the board any more on
subsequent attempts.

My machine is a Win XP x64 system running the 32-bit code for both
versions.

This is a very nifty utility, John, when it works.  Just what is
needed!  Thanks for putting the effort into doing it.  I'm sure we'll
sort out and cure the various sensitivities that we observe with it on
the variety of systems, eventually.

Thank you and everyone that is involved in looking into these issues
for us!!  Be assured that your collective work is appreciated!

73,  Joe K5SO