[hpsdr] Metis and DHCP and LinkSys Routers

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sat Mar 5 19:01:06 PST 2011

Hi Roger,

Thanks the feedback.

On of the issues I found when developing the DHCP code for Meits was that
there are a number of 'options' that may be used.

I found that some of these were actually 'essentials' and others caused the
DHCP process to fail.  The options currently used were  found by trial and
error and worked for the Beta testers.

If you could do a WireShark capture of your PC negotiating a successful DHPC
exchange with your LinkSys router I can perhaps see which options are being
used.

If folks are finding that the APIPA assignment is taking too long then you
may want to consider assigning a fix IP address to Metis.

73 Phil...VK6APH