[hpsdr] Metis - what am I doing wrong?!

Chris Smith chris at vspl.co.uk
Sat Mar 12 03:07:54 PST 2011

Hi All

Thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for help with Metis.

Here is the current situation:

John Melton's ghpsdr3 software can discover and control the hardware chain via Metis behind my Netgear GS105 switch - PowerSDR cannot - even directly connected to the NIC. I've tried various versions of PSDR but they all display the same symptoms.

Phil Harman has contacted me off-list and has all the info I can give him.

I don't know if this is a fluke of timing which may be resolvable via firmware but it seems to be confined to the version of WinXP which I'm running: Driver-NIC-Metis? Who knows? But at least I now know there is nothing basically wrong with my Metis.

Thanks especially to Berndt, Georg, Pete, Phil and John.

Cheers & vy 73

Chris G4NUX