[hpsdr] Flynn

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Wed Mar 23 08:54:37 PDT 2011

No ... the USBBlaster emulation was done using USB JTAG from
<http://www.ixo.de/info/usb_jtag/>http://www.ixo.de/info/usb_jtag/ -
this was fairly easy because we had and FX2 USB connection on Ozy and
someone had done code to make the FX2 emulate an Altera USB
Blaster.  We owe  kolja waschk, the author of USB JTAG a bit of
thanks for making his code available for the world to use.

To do the same for Metis would be a *lot of work* .... you'd have to
do a windows device driver that appeared to be a USB device (an
Altera USB Blaster)  to the Altera programmer code but then talked to
Metis via the Ethernet.  This would be a trival amount of work ...
don't think we have too many folks on the crew fond of writing
Windows device drivers.

Regards,

Bill