[hpsdr] Heterodyne

Berndt Josef Wulf wulf at ping.net.au
Sun Mar 27 15:19:05 PDT 2011

G'day Mark,

what this usually means is that the website's security certificate is "self-
signed" and not through an "official" certification authority. Anyone can
create self-signed certificates and hence its authenticity can't be verified.
The browser generates the "This Connection is Untrusted" warning message as a
precaution to alert users to this fact, the final decision whether to trust
this website is yours.

73, Berndt
VK5ABN

On 28/03/11 Mark Amos wrote:

> Jeremy
>
> Thanks for developing Heterodyne - works great!
>
> I tried to hook up to your SVN using Xcode and get an "Error validating
server certificate for 'https://www.xenotropic.com:443': - The certificate is
not issued by a trusted authority."

> I've just this week brought up the Mac and don't have much experience with
Xcode, so it's probably something I'm doing wrong.  Can you point me in the
right direction?