[hpsdr] Steady Waterfall

Maximo EA1DDO_HK1DX ea1ddo at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 00:35:19 PDT 2011

Ciao Alberto,

Is the Winrad for HPSDR working with Metis (Ethernet) ?

Gracie.

73, Maximo - EA1DDO

Date: Sun, 15 May 2011 23:15:11 +0200
From: i2phd at weaksignals.com
To: hpsdr at openhpsdr.org
Subject: Re: [hpsdr] Steady Waterfall

On 4/28/2011 2:49 AM, Phil Harman wrote:
> I added a similar feature to the bandscope in KISS Konsole some time ago.
> This is called "Waterfall AGC" and sets the minimum signal colour based on
> the average band noise.
>
> This works really well and you can change bands, antennas etc without the
> need to adjust the waterfall settings.
>
> Didn't see a need to set the Waterfall Dynamic Range but this would be
> easy to code if needed.
Another solution (if you don't need to transmit, just to receive) is to use the HPSDR version of Winrad.
The waterfall in Winrad doesn't move when you tune to a different frequency, and its sensitivity is based
on the lower quartile of the band noise - the same technique used in radar displays.

--
/*73 Alberto I2PHD*/

    On 4/28/2011 2:49 AM, Phil Harman wrote:

      I added a similar feature to the bandscope in KISS Konsole some time ago.
This is called "Waterfall AGC" and sets the minimum signal colour based on
the average band noise.

This works really well and you can change bands, antennas etc without the
need to adjust the waterfall settings.

Didn't see a need to set the Waterfall Dynamic Range but this would be
easy to code if needed.

    Another solution (if you don't need to transmit,
      just to receive) is to use the HPSDR version of Winrad.

      The waterfall in Winrad doesn't move when you tune to a different
      frequency, and its sensitivity is based

      on the lower quartile of the band noise - the same technique used
      in radar displays.

    --

      73 Alberto I2PHD

HPSDR Discussion List