[hpsdr] Metis functionality

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Tue May 17 07:02:05 PDT 2011

On 5/17/2011 2:52 PM, Lyle Johnson wrote:
> I think the whole point here is that this is OPEN source project,
> including in many cases the hardware design.  Certainly including the
> FPGA code which intentionally uses no-cost development tools.
>
> Please modify it to suit your needs and share the results with others.
>
> It's all about learning and sharing, as many have done.
>
> Don't wait for Phil or Bill or John or ...

Lyle,

    yes, I am fully aware of this, I just expressed my desires together with the regret of not knowing enough
of FPGA programming to do that myself....
My message was mainly meant to give a possible input to those fluent in FPGA coding... it wasn't a request to
you or Phil or Bill or John or...    to implement that.

My new SDR program (still many months away) could take advantage of such a possibility. The code in Winrad
is already capable of storing on disk an I/Q stream of a few MB/sec, and to playback/filter/demodulate it
without stuttering, and that code will be used in the new program. What is missing is just that I/Q stream.... :-)

--
/*73 Alberto I2PHD*/