[hpsdr] ozy/janus as soundcard for digital modes

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Fri Nov 4 19:11:44 PDT 2011

To relevant PowerSDR code for pulling data out of Janus is down
in  JanusAudio.dll  - the main loop of that is io-thread.c  - it
essentially reads frames from Janus, parses out the command and
control bits and builds up buffers of samples that then get passed up
to the via a callback.    The callback used is Callback3port in
audio.cs which eventually gets the samples in and out of the DSP.

I think basically what one could do is use the PowerSDR or Kiss code
to read from Janus and then write into VAC  - then you could get data
out of Janus and into a program expecting to talk to a windows sound
driver w/o doing a windows sound driver for Janus.

Cheers,

Bill (kdt5fd)