[hpsdr] IMPORTANT PowerSDR/OpenHPSDR v2.2.3 updates

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Nov 30 17:59:54 PST 2011

All,

The latest version of Doug's PowerSDR(TM) code should be used by everyone
that use a PennyLane board.

The latest version incorporates code that overcomes a problem with
possible over-drive of the Digital to Analogue Converter at certain
MicGain/Compander/Bandwidth/DX etc settings.

Previously the ALC in PowerSDR was located at the end of the Tx chain.
This was moved some time ago to part way down the chain in order to
prevent an RF 'spike' at the start of a transmission.

This change caused issues with PennyLane that the latest version of Doug's
code addresses.

My thanks to Bill, KD5TFD, for writing the new code.

Regards

73 Phil...VK6APH