[hpsdr] Power SDR - Error starting HPSDR hardware, is it connected and powered?

Rick ve3mm richardstasiak at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 09:02:37 PDT 2011

Hello Everyone

I am a little sheepish about asking this on the reflector, but I've spent a
lot of time searching the archives and wiki for the answer and can't get it
to work..

Computer - IMac I5 based running bootcamp with XP SP3 new install.

.net 1.1, 2.0 SP2, 3.0 SP2, 3.5 SP1, USBIO Driver, WinPcap 4.1.2 all
installed

KK unified works fine and connects to HPSDR via Metis.

Loaded 2.2.3 from the Flex site.

PowerSDR (W5WC 19.4 or 2.2.3) loads but when started brings up "Error
starting HPSDR hardware, is it connected and powered?" The HPSDR is
connected and powered.

I have another Mac (Laptop) running the same setup and it runs fine with
Metis.  I have compared files from one to the other and they seems to be the
same. However, I don't have the Flex site 2.2.3 loaded on it.

What have I forgotten?

Thanks for any help.

73

Rick ve3mm