[hpsdr] Firmware Updates Failed-Help

Mike F mikecf100 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 14:36:16 PDT 2011

I started to install the PSDR 2.2.3 diversity and step 1 was to update
the firmware to versions

Metis = 6.7
Mercury = 6.7
Penelope = 1.5

I downloaded these RBF files plus the latest version of HPSDRProgrammer.

I followed the procedure in Metis ug 1.2 to update the Metis firmware
and got the screen responses that looked like it worked.  I verified
that Metis was still discoverable.

I installed Jp1 on metis and jp7 on Mercury and, using metis boot loader
per the procedure, I updated the mercury firmware, with the correct

I removed Mercury, installed jp7 on penelope and updated it's firmware
with the correct responses.

I removed the jp7 jumpers from mercury and penelope and jp1 from metis
and reassembled the system.  On powerup I got the message from psdr that
there was no response (is it powered up question).

I restarted HPSDRProgrammer and could not discover metis.  (note each
time I made a new attempt at communicating, I waited until the Ethernet
link was re-established).

I removed penelope and mercury and tried discovery again with same results.

The power supply lights on Metis are correct.  Most of the rest of the
lights appear to be flashing very rapidly.  There are 3 together that
may not be flashing. (d18, 19, 20)

Have tried some of this stuff several times.

Sure could use some help.

Mike, K7SR