[hpsdr] dual Mercury operations; new software and a firmware fix

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Tue Oct 11 09:18:47 PDT 2011

All,

1)  In accordance with demands from FlexRadio Systems, I have modified
the dual Mercury PowerSDR program to remove all of their proprietary
code from the program.  The latest (and most politically correct!)
version to use for dual-Mercury operation is

PowerSDR v2.2.3.dual_Mercury (K5SO 10OCT2011)

and may be downloaded from

http://www.k5so.com/Dual-Mercury%20Program.html

2)  I have fixed the bug that caused the null position to be lost
after a frequency change or a band change.  The fix involved a
modification to the Mercury firmware so you will need to download
Mercury v6.8 and load it into your Mercury boards for dual Mercury
operations in order to benefit from the fix.

Mercury v6.8 may be downloaded from the link noted above.

3)  I have also prepared a new USBBlaster-Binaries folder that
includes an option for Mercury v6.8 for those using Ozy or Magister.
The USBBlaster-Binaries folder containing the Mercury v6.8 option may
be downloaded from the link noted above.

Testers are most welcome to give it a try!   Feedback is always
welcome should you notice any bug while running it, of course!  Seems
to work just fine here, as far as my limited testing has shown, at
least!

73,  Joe K5SO