[hpsdr] dual Mercury operations; new software and a firmware fix

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Tue Oct 11 11:52:36 PDT 2011

Hi Dan,

No, not at the present time.

I think I could pretty easily put such code into my Metis v6.7
firmware version for you if you like, but you'd have to be my tester
to check it out as I don't have any program here that runs multiple
receivers on a single Merc.

You see, the fundamental problem is that to do it correctly (not the
way we had it before) we would need to decide how we might want to
inform the Metis/Ozy/Magister boards whether we want multiple
receivers on a single Mercury board or multiple Mercury boards.  That
would involve modifying the comm protocol between the Metis/Ozy/
Magister and the PC.  There are numerous ways to do it, of course, but
we as a group need to decide how best to do for HPSDR.  In the
previous firmware there was no distinction between those two cases.

In the recent re-vamp of firmware to support Alex the multiple Rx
capability was dropped in the Metis, Ozy/Magister, and Mercury
firmware in order to get something out quickly I presume and, as far
as I know, no one has addressed putting that functionality back into
the "official" firmware.

Let me know if you would like me to give it a try for you in an
"unofficial" Metis version.

73,  Joe K5SO