[hpsdr] Question on how to interpret hex code ver in setup

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Tue Oct 11 22:04:57 PDT 2011

On Oct 11, 2011, at 7:51 PM, WBR-WF4R wrote:

> Good evening all.
>                             I finally made it.  All seems well.  However, would like to know how to interpret Metis Version from the hex 0F
>
> PowerSDR Setup | General tab | Hardware Config  | under Metis Address, it gives IP Addrress  Mac Address and Ver: 0F  ID: 00
>
> I hope that it translates to Firmware Version 1.5

This is correct.  The protocol specifies the version as a 2 byte value.  The project convention is that you convert the 2 bytes to a decimal value and divide by 10.  This means that you can't have a minor version number > 9.  This was exemplified by the latest Mercury update which went from 2.9 to 3.0.  It, IMHO at least, wasn't a major version update but there was no other version number to be used.  Also note that this means that the maximum version number is 25.5.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com