[hpsdr] Mercury HW Build Rev

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Fri Oct 14 20:43:42 PDT 2011

Hi John,

Actually, the firmware for Mercury is under active revision at the
moment.  You are correct that the latest official version on the SVN
is Mercury v3.0;  however, there is another, unofficial version from
W1BW, Mercury v3.0 that exists on the W1BW trunk for NRx.

The primary difference between the two Merc v3.0 versions is that the
current official version does not support multiple-receivers-on-a-
single-Mercury board nor does it support multiple Mercury boards
whereas the unofficial version does support multiple-receivers-on-a-
single-Mercury board but it does not support multiple Mercury boards
properly nor does it have Alex interfacing.

I am currently nearly finished with a new version (probably will be
officially released by Phil as Mercury v3.1 shortly) that supports all
of the latest Alex interfacing, multiple-receivers-on-a-single-Mercury
mode and multiple-Mercury boards.

If you do not have a need presently for the multiple-receivers-on-a-
single-Mercury mode or multiple-Mercury boards mode then the current
Mercury v3.0 should work for you with a single Mercury board until the
newer, more general Mercury v3.1 is released.

73,  Joe K5SO