[hpsdr] Munin update?

Dan Mitchell danmitchell at embarqmail.com
Sat Oct 15 09:30:51 PDT 2011

Pete;
I am driving the EB63 directly from the Pennywhistle; it takes about 2 watts
to drive it to 100+ watts. Ideally, you should have about a 10dB pad between
the Penelope (or PennyLane) and the Pennywhistle to keep the Pene in it's
optimal operating range.

Mine is the A version; they have upgraded the diode controlling temp/output
curve, and have replaced the relay in the COR circuit. (Better).

It's well priced. You also need the heat sink offered, and need to be able
to adapt it to your situation (drilling, tapping, etc.). I also enclosed
mine in an aluminum box of my own making, and fastened it to the end of my
Pandora.

I engage the xmit relay in the EB63A remotely, using the PTT OUT on the
Penny DB-25, and, since the EB63A has a COR, it stays engaged until the RF
is gone.

Originally, I used some homebuilt lowpass filters I made, with good results.
I am now using Alex, but haven't worked out the kinks in that yet.
(grounding issue or something).

There are others out there; you just have to pay your money and make your
choice, and, be willing to tinker, tinker, tinker. Good luck.

73,
Dan, W0IQ