[hpsdr] USB Protocol updated

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Fri Oct 28 22:47:24 PDT 2011

All,

I've updated the USB Protocol document in

svn://svn.openhpsdr.org/svn/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/Documentation

latest  is V1.35.

This adds the facilty to 'time stamp' Mercury I&Q data using the one pulse per second  (1PPS) from a GPS receiver.  The 1PPS should be connected to the Atlas bus on A_13 and have a maximum amplitude of 3v.

The 1PPS can be read in the LSBit of the microphone data that is associated with the current I&Q sample.

This feature defaults to OFF so no changes to current PC software is required.

Time stamping of data will be used by the Chirp beacon/RADAR code that Hermann, DL3HVH, is developing and will be included in the next release of Metis code.

73 Phil...VK6APH