[hpsdr] Alex Control

Gordon & Lois Duff glduff at bellsouth.net
Thu Sep 1 14:34:44 PDT 2011

Looking at the protocol for communications between the PC and Ozy/Metis,
there is no provision for Alex filter selection, hence it would appear to be
done downstream from any PC software.

I would prefer to have filter selection under software control (and I would
like to be able to bypass all filters, which Alex RX provides for.)  Why
software select?  Suppose there are multiple RX's and I want to optimize
one, suppose I want the Broad spectrum to not be treated by a high-pass
filter.   There may be other reasons, but these come to mind.   I don't have
the skill to implement the code in Metis, so I hope someone else will see
the need and make it happen.

Gordon, KA2NLM