[hpsdr] Pennywhistle capabilities question

Dave Watson davewatson at charter.net
Sun Sep 4 09:53:50 PDT 2011

Hi Bruce/Roland,

The PennyWhistle has arrived and is built and complete. It is a very nice
easy to build kit. I really like the quality of the parts as well as the
design. I do have a low pass filter which is good for 50 watts.

Another question, looking back at Roland's statement "TX-RX commutation of
the antenna". Can I safely infer that I shouldn't be receiving any signal
back through the PennyWhistle? Everything is working with the exception of
the SoftRock received signal when going through the PennyWhistle.

I'm thinking if I dig through the documentation on HPSDR I'll find the
receive and transmit antenna are two different antenna or something like the
use of a duplexer is needed.

Thanks,

Dave (W4DJW)