[hpsdr] On the air with Alex + Question...

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Mon Sep 5 12:25:39 PDT 2011

I'm pleased to report that my hpsdr setup, including the recently
installed Alex, is up and running and has scored its first QSO on 40m.
Condx were pretty horrible today and the other station was running
800W;  he was amazed to hear me with my 15w or so from Pennywhistle to
my G5RV!  Got good audio report and haven't even attempted to optimize
the mic characteristics yet.

Question:  I'm seeing the expected amount of power going to the antenna
via my external meter but not seeing any indication on the PowerSDR
meter during TX - just shows 0mW; no indication during tune either.  I
have the 3-wire cable running between Mercury and Penelope and, of
course the 10-wire ribbon between Alex and Penelope.

I'm running PowerSDR v1.19.3.4 baseSVN 3444 (W5WC - 8/15/11) which I
think is new enough to have the mods to support the power
measurement/swr calculations based on the data provided indirectly via
Alex.  Am I missing something?

73, Pete, N3EVL