[hpsdr] Ozy died?

Vern Kollas spoonman1227 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 10:15:07 PDT 2011

Good afternoon all...

Alex arrived here safely a week or two ago and I am finally getting around to getting it installed....

After pulling Pandora apart, getting Alex tucked away and getting things back together, I am now not getting the computer to see Ozy connected.  To me, it seems like there is something wrong with the USB on Ozy as the computer does not see it connected.  I have tried both in Windows Vista and in Linux just to see if the system responds to Ozy being plugged in, but nothing shows up.  I am able to plug in my arduino board using the same USB cable, so I know the port on the computer and the cable is ok.  The only LED lit on Ozy, is D12, which I believe is normal until the init scripts load, correct??

I should also add that the last time I used the rig was around field day, so while it has been a little while, it was known to be working not too long ago...

The LEDs on Mercury are happily blinking away, so I am not thinking it is a power supply issue, and I pulled Penny out just for testing.

Is there anything else I should be checking??  Time to order up Metis or a Magister from iQuadLabs?

Thanks in advance for the help....

73!

Vern -- KC8YOH