[hpsdr] PowerSDR digimode TX -> RX hot switching

Riho B. es7aaz at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 12:16:48 PDT 2011

Hello,

I hear a srtong short signal spike right after ending of digimode
transmission. If Mecrury's RF cable is
disconnected then the signal spike dissapears. The singal spike is a
steady tone which actually is the end
of RTTY transmission in my cace. It seems like T/R switching sequence is
not very good in digimodes.
My subjective opinion is that PowerSDR receivesRX command sent by
digimode program, T/R relays
are going to RX  despite it's not an actual end of transmission.  It has
been there since the beginning as
far as I remember with all setups I've been used.

My current HPSDR setup is as follows:
*  Ozy, TAPR Mercury, TAPR Penelope. All with latest firmware.
*  PowerSDR v1.19.3.4 baseSVN 3444 (W5WC -9/11/11)
*  P4 3GHz, 1GB RAM
* shrinked down Windows XP PRO
*  com0com virtual serial ports
* ESI Audiotechnik virtual audio cables which came along with ESI @Juli
soundcard.
* Home made T/R switch, drived by Penelope.

All is running fine. DPC latency is around 70 µs all the time when all
neccesary things are running
which seems very good for real-time streaming.

As digimde fan I hope we can resolve this, hi.

Regards,
Riho, ES7AAZ.