[hpsdr] MRFE6VP61K25H Amps

lstoskopf at cox.net lstoskopf at cox.net
Wed Sep 21 15:12:00 PDT 2011

I've been waiting on the 6M only version of the 2M one presented last year in DUBUS.  With the new bullet proof version I can't see any reason why this device or a competing device shouldn't be the amp of the future for QRO.  It can be driven by what we already have.  Surplus (new) 50v. power modules are readily available on eBay.  I'm guessing that some extra DC filter/storage might be needed as these supplies probably are intended on a steady load, not SSB.  You could almost make separate amps for 160, 6, and then the rest of the bands for little money.

I'm thinking that my 160M 6M and 2M  versions will be water cooled using sinks from the PC industry and all mounted in one MacPC case.

N0UU