[hpsdr] PowerSDR v2.2.3.dual_Mercury (K5SO 28SEP2011)

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Wed Sep 28 21:01:00 PDT 2011

All,

PowerSDR v2.2.3.dual_Mercury (K5SO 28SEP2011) may be downloaded from

http://www.k5so.com/Dual-Mercury%20Program.html

This new version includes a major revision of the diversity/steering
window display and user controls for nulling and steering and
dramatically simplifies doing any of those functions.  The program has
user input for the physical separation distance between the dual
antennas (if operating in spatial diversity) and shows the calculated
antenna sensitivity pattern and directional characteristics directly
on the display based upon the antenna separation and frequency.  There
is a new "null adjust" control that makes nulling much easier than any
version previously.

There is also included a "cross-fire" option that enables a frequency-
independent null to be achieved via the usual 180-degree phase shift
used in cross-fire antenna systems.  With this option you may operate
as with a cross-fire feed system or as without a cross-fire feed and
the resultant pattern is displayed for you.

If you found the recent dual Mercury program complex and hard to use
please take a look at this new GUI, it should be much more intuitive
and easier to use; at least that was my goal.

While I'm still working on a few of the subtle aspects of the
directional control system I believe everything works reasonably well
at this point. There are sufficient offsets and calibration inputs to
allow calibration for most any arbitrary antenna arrangements,
including a substantially wider range of gain adjustments to
compensate for different antenna gains.

This continues to be a work in progress, of course, but the current
version should be much simpler to use than previous versions and
should be configurable for a wide range of diversity and beam forming
uses.

This version incorporates Doug W5WC's recent changes/fixes to his
PowerSDR v2.2.3 as well.

Have fun!

73,  Joe K5SO