[hpsdr] Alex Bug?

Bruce Beford bruce.beford at myfairpoint.net
Thu Sep 1 14:33:39 PDT 2011

> According to the comments in the code, the frequency sent to Mercury by
PowerSDR is "the indicated frequency less the 9kHz IF". As a consequence,
the firmware adds 9kHz to the frequency to determine which filter to engage.

> I guess I'm lost a little here... what 9kHz IF?

The 9 KHz is the offset that was/is used by the SDR-1000 to keep the
frequency of interest away from the 0-Hz "no-man's land" where there is a
lot of noise present in sound-card based QSD systems.

Thankfully, HPSDR does away with that issue. Hopefully, the HPSDR version(s)
of PowerSDR will be modified to do away with this frequency error being sent
to Mercury, which is causing the incorrect switching points with Alex.

Bruce, N1RX