[hpsdr] Alex Control

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Thu Sep 1 21:49:57 PDT 2011

I'm sure we can sort this out with Phil when he gets back.  I argued
for having the firmware do the filter selection directly since it
knows the frequency in use and the capabilities of the filter
board.  My thinking was I did not want to have knowledge of the
filters have to be in the PC side code  -  if the firmware could just
'do the right thing' then why not do it that way and  save folks from
having to write PC code to do it.  However 'the right thing' may not
be easily defined so we probably need to think a bit more on this.

Cheers,

Bill (kd5tfd)